We’re made up of people from all walks of life, have great respect for our country, and work to ensure a better life for all citizens. Indeed, our church congregation is made up of people from most all religious backgrounds, including Catholics, Presbyterians, Methodists, Baptists and Lutherans, and they have all joined together at the Dublin Community Church. As one beloved former minister used to say, “At DCC, we don’t tolerate diversity, we embrace it.”
The church recently completed a personality ‘audit’ and asked current members what DCC stood for. These attributes include integrity, sincerity, and openness. Other terms used to describe the personality include:
- Down to earth
Our Mission Statement
Dublin Community Church, United Church of Christ, is God and Christ-centered. Our worship and church life are based on the teachings of the Holy Bible and of our crucified and risen Savior, Jesus Christ.
- We welcome and are open affirming of all persons.
- We are a mission-oriented church, heeding our time, resources and faith, helping those persons affected by circumstance and injustice.
- We strive to be a sharing, caring community of persons, binding our hearts in Christian love.
- We affirm the significance of each person in our midst and strive to use every resource at our disposal to share with them the light of a living faith from children to youth and adults, from birth to death.
- We open ourselves to the future, trusting God for the wisdom and guidance we need.
- We are a congregation with a strong commitment to the mission and outreach of a greater church — and its ministries.